In this post, we will be dealing with the issue of “Battery Temperature is Too High or Low Disconnect Charger Problem Solutions”. Similar to the case of “Error Please Unplug Charger and other charging Errors, this is a common problem with most phones that users battle with, therefore we will be dealing with it on a general level just to give the repairer an idea on where to look out to in a bid to fix the battery temperature too high or low disconnect charger problem.
Note also that depending on phone brand this problem can also be displayed as “Over Battery Temperature”, “Battery temperature is too high, Charging paused”, “Battery temperature too high”, etc.
Firstly, the battery temperature is too high or low notification is a warning that is displayed as a result of a component we would refer to as a thermistor, a type of resistor that is able to react to changes to increase or decrease in temperature due to issues detected to be faulty with components on a circuit board in phones.
Likely Causes of The Battery Temperature Problems:
- Bad or overheating battery cell
- Short circuit on PCB
- Faulty or overheating Charging, Power, Processor or Memory ICs etc.
- Low or high resistance in charge controlling resistors or thermistors
- Broken or missing charging resistor
- Battery terminal moist and dirt in charging ports tracks
- Unsupported chargers
Solutions for Mild Battery Temperature is Too High or Low Disconnect Charger Problems:
The battery temperature is too high or low disconnect charger problem can also be mild or severe. Mild cases might not necessitate much troubleshooting skills. You might want to try the following steps to see if the problem is solved before looking further:
- Change suspected bad or overheating battery cell
- Try using another original supported charger
- Check and clean suspected battery terminal moist and dirt in charging areas or ports
Solutions for Severe Temperature is Too High or Low Disconnect Charger Problems:
In severe cases of “battery temperature too high or low disconnect charger problem”, one would need further troubleshooting which includes but not limited to the following:
- Check for half-short circuit on PCB
- Use short-killers for auto-fix where applicable
- by hand touching to feel, look for and replace overheating or faulty component ICs
- Use troubleshooting manuals or repair diagrams to determine resistance values and voltage supply to determine Low or high resistance in charge controlling resistors and thermistors according to manufacturer’s specifications
- Check if there is a bridge between BSI and Vbat or BSI and GND battery connectors externally or internally and disconnect accordingly
- Remove or Replace broken bad or missing charging resistors/thermistors etc.
Watch Recommended Video:
Note that in dealing with the problem arising from battery temperature too high or low Disconnect Charger problem solution, you might need to refer to schematic diagrams, troubleshooting manuals, block diagrams, component layout, part list etc. for proper troubleshooting of specific phones in question since arrangement and architecture of phones components varies with model and brands.
If you aren’t conversant with using all of these, you might want to download The Schematic Master User Manual for Mobile Repair Tracing Here. With support videos and links to useful repair resource sites to kickstart repair procedures.
More updates on this later soon!
Feel free to share or leave a comment on this post in the comment section below.
I try it and it work……
Thanks to M Musa …for the great research…