If your Phone’s Screen Backlight Displays while phone is hibernated or completely switched off, that’s different from a case of phone whose LCD backlight wont sleep while its on standby, hopefully this post should be of help to you. However, if you are not a phone technician reading this post, you may consider seeking a professional help.
Possible Causes of the Problem
When Phone’s Screen Backlight Displays while phone is hibernated or completely switched off, do consider looking in to these areas:
- Water Damage
- Short circuit
- Faulty/Incompatible LCD Screen
- Backlight driver IC
- Wrong Firmware/Update
Possible Solutions to the Problem:
Haven got an idea of possibilities with these type of lighting problem, here are actionable steps you would like to take in tackling the problem at hand.
- Factory set your device.
- Try uncoupling the phone and check for rot or discoloration due to moist in the screen clip/PCB connector and service by cleansing agent, dry and test display again.
- Make sure there’s no bridges of conducting components around the connector or surroundings to prevent half short that can cause malfunctioning.
- Try using a fresh screen display to confirm if that’s the case because that also can be responsible.
- Try servicing or replacing the backlight driver IC as this too can be a prime suspect.
- Finally, you may decide to reload or flash a stock firmware.
If you have taken any of the steps or find this post to be helpful, you may drop your reactions in the comment section.